Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Heat is On

Hey everyone, it's officially summer and I'm officially back (this time around catch me on Tuesdays and Thursdays). I love summer, but the heat is definitely on. The only problem is, I still have to go to work in all that hot sun. Mondays are bad enough now I have to look out at everyone running around in shorts and tank tops while I'm in a suit. Well no more, for now on I will make a vow to stay (and look) cool while it's hot. Here's a couple of suggestions.


A feminine alternative to a stuffy blazer...

Pair with a classic sheath dress to add a cool twist to a conservative look. For a weekend look go completely sweet by pairing with florals or soften a tougher look (i.e. denim, summer leather) by adding lace.
LaRok Vintage Lace Shirt Jacket $268









A classic look goes cool...




Take Fall's go-to jacket straight into summer. Sleeveless and still sleek.
Wear for work paired with a pencil skirt or light slacks. Wear for play unbuttoned over a feminine dress or a tank and short shorts.
Torn by Ronny Kobo Alana Trench Coat $374.



Oh and by the way, speaking of heat-GO LAKERS!

No comments: