Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Am I Too Old For This?

Now I consider myself well informed when it comes to fashion, beauty or whatever else. But even the most fashion forward sometimes have doubts. I always try to evaluate a look to see if it's really for me and try to live by the mantra to never follow every trend. But, I really like those candy colored nails. Women of all ages have accepted the trend of dark colored nails in otherwise odd colors like Navy Blue (my favorite is OPI's Russian Navy) and now seem to considered them chic. Please know that I have no intention of telling my age to the world on a blog post. But let's just say I remember buying cassette tapes in my early high school years (to my defense, that might have been junior high). Honestly, I'm really itching to try the pastel nail colors in those soft yellows and that mint green color I've been eyeing. Can a woman with a full time job, mortgage and all the things that go along with being a grown up wear mint green nails? I don't know but I might have to push the envelope with this one.

*BTW, OPI has a great site that lets you virtually try on nail colors and even adjust the nail length and skintone so you pick the best colors. Check it out here!

Essie Mint Candy Apple, $8.

No comments: